The only way we know about God he is because he chooses to reveal himself to us. The way he does this helps us understand the sort of relationship he wants with us – even if it sometimes feels strange or unexpected.
Today, at our Whole Church Gathering, Dave talks about how we should interpret the way God reveals himself to us as an expression of how much he loves us and wants to know us.
Seek first the Kingdom of GodMatthew 6:33
- How has God revealed himself to you?
- Are there places in your life where he doesn’t seem to have shown himself and you feel abandoned or ignored? What might the reality actually be?
- What can you do to better understand God’s self-revealing?
- Dave suggested the Narnia books, especially “The Horse and His Boy” and “The Silver Chair”. How might that picture of the Aslan inform the way God is working in your life?
- The spiritual practice of the Daily Examen is a great way to become more aware of God’s action in our every day life. There are so many resources on the Internet about how to do this practice. Could you try it for a number of evenings before bed?