As we continue to think about the process of discipleship, Dave thinks about how God speaks to us in significant moments. We just need to be alert to notice them.
“You know the saying, ‘Red sky at night means fair weather tomorrow; red sky in the morning means foul weather all day.’ You know how to interpret the weather signs in the sky, but you don’t know how to interpret the signs of the times!”
- Have you experienced kairos moments in the past?
- Have there been times when a situation seems to have more significance than circumstances would superficially suggest. Was it God nudging you about something? What was it? What happened?
- Is there something in your life right now that might be a kairos moment? What is going on that feels like it has a deeper significance?
- How might your prayers change to pray into this?
- What might God be saying?
- How do you think he might want you to respond?
- There are a few places in the Gospels where God might be speaking to people through a kairos moment (rather than a booming voice) – although of course this is only guess work on our part. Have a look at these passages and see whether you think there might be a kairos moment going on.
- Matthew 15:21-28
- Matthew 16:13-20
- Matthew 26:34-35 & 26:69-75
- Mark 2:35-39
- Luke 24:32-34